Connected Anna-Herrigel-Haus to the dormitory network
Last Friday (2018-04-27) we connected the Anna-Herrigel-Haus to the dormitory network.
As with all newly connected dormitories we:
- Checked the RJ45 LAN network outlets in all rooms using a measurement device.
- Mounted the access switch into the rack which distributes the network connection from our fibre network.
- Connected the optical fibers using optical transceivers. Most of the transceivers (SFP+) we buy are sold by Flexoptix. In this case we used 10G SFP+ BIDI LR LC, 10km, 1330 nm, singlemode transceivers.
- Connected all patchpanel copper RJ45 LAN connectors (which on the other end lead to the network outlet in a room) to the switch.
- Made sure everything works.